With this post I introduce a new section of my blog – Vanity Fair. This section covers all things Fashion! But before you go comparing me with other stalwarts in this domain – hear me out. Vanity Fair will cover Fashion thebangaloresnob style. And it will always have a hint of Bangalore’s vast culture mixed in it. So read on and feel free to give me your feedback! If its my first Vanity post – it has to be on shoes. Like someone rightly said “Cinderella is the perfect example that a right shoe can change your life”. And I stick by this mantra. Anyone who know me knows that I am obsessed with shoes. I had the largest collection of shoes in college. When I used to fly back to Delhi after a semester break, I had a bag full of shoes. Sigh!! I do love them. But then what is the right shoe to wear? Sophie’s Choice ainnit? Let’s figure it out together. Shoe for all 7 days of a week, a shoe for all right occasions – and a guide. Ofcourse, there is no hard and fast rule as to what you can wear it with – but then lets take baby steps into this world and slowly start experimenting.
- Stiletto Mondays: Very girly. Very feminine and yet gives out a very strong powerful feel – and that why you would see most of the working woman wearing these. I wear them to all review meetings – it makes me feel good about myself! MUST HAVE: Black Stilettos
- Ethnic Tuesdays: I am one of those people who love to leave people guessing.. and so I have labelled Tuesdays as my ethnic day. I wear a Salwar Suit to work on most Tuesdays. And I tend to go all out with Bindi and all that jazz. To complete the look I wear my slip-ons – the glitzy one (not floaters). It gives the Indian touch to the ensemble. And I am sure every Indian Girl has a pair of these.
- Ballerinas Wednesdays: Super chic and comfy. If heels is not your thing, then wear these to those work meetings on Monday too. They go with just about anything and they come in all shades. I personally prefer the nude or the earthy shade. And when I want to go all out, I team a white top and blue jeans with RED Ballerinas. For office wear though, stick to neutral shades.
- Almost Friday – Thursdays: Thursdays are the new “Almost Weekend”. And so I try to take it easy on these days – a nice pair of skin fit trousers and loose shirt, or a summary chikan-work salwar suit with a pair open toes slip-ons or mojris. A big must-have for this or any kind of open footwear is PEDICURED FEET. If you do not have time for some feet-love opt for mojris. They looks classy and are so comfortable.
- TGI-Friday: Ahhh!! Weekend! Wear a ballerina to office and carry your party shoes – Ankle Strap Pumps. Once you are ready to party – you can change into the pumps easily! And party all night if you feel like.
- Saturdays: I dedicate Saturdays to shopping – window/actual. And so a Mary Jane Pointed heel is the best option – comfortable, chic and goes with jeans skirts and suits alike. (not that the rest of them don’t). Its actually ideal for any occasion.
- Brunchy Sunday: Sunday Brunches are the best – and so peep-toe is the shoe to wear. Team it up with a nice Sundress. You can also wear ankle-strap pumps or ankle strap flats.
And girls, I understand that floaters are super comfy for the rainy season and are an absolute comfort wear – but don’t wear them to work/party. A trekking trip – Maybe. A Friday night party – No. Men – do not fret! I will come back with a whole new post in this section soon. Much love – The Bangalore Snob!