This is for my Indian friends – the ones who are BIG BIG Golmaal (old hindi movie) fans!
6 Lessons from Golmaal on Boss-Management
- Be ready to do anything (as long as your integrity allows) for good money. Remember Ram Prasad wearing those ultra short mini-Kurta to work? So be happy and do not crib about formal dress code.
- Do your homework on your new boss.. You don’t have a Doctor Mama but you do have LinkedIn.
- Use your positives to your advantage. Make your most random attribute your biggest strength. Remember – Moustache is the mirror of the soul. Play your strengths correctly.
- A little lie does not hurt anyone. It’s all about making the boss happy – remember Ram Prasad’s interview “Pele-Rele”!
- Never get caught! No you cannot use the “that wasn’t me, that was my evil twin” logic. It has been overused
- Keep the boss happy. He can be the key to your happiness. Keep him happy and if you are lucky you might even get a beautiful wife next appraisal (Bindya Goswami). Just kidding! Don’t take me too seriously .. Good hike is it!